GC Drain Unblocking
No Call-Out Fee
NSW & QLD
Drain Unblocking Gold Coast
Gold Coast Blocked Drains provides a complete solution that Gold Coast and nearby residents can rely on to give fast results for a competitive price. From blocked stormwater drains to blocked sewer pipes, toilets, commercial piping and more, if you need a dependable team that can clear your drains and pipes quickly and correctly, it’s time to get in touch.
Got a blocked drain? Not sure but suspect you do? Gold Coast Blocked Drains is your affordable, same-day solution. Our licensed plumbers unblock toilet, sewer and stormwater drains for residential, strata and body corporate clients. Using advanced CCTV drain cameras and high-pressure jetters, we can locate and clear blocked drains without digging up surrounding areas—no matter what’s clogging it. Whether your pipe is broken or blocked, our experienced team will provide an effective and long-lasting solution.
Call us on 1300 433 585 to enquire about our blocked drain and plumbing services on the Gold Coast. We provide fixed, no-obligation quotes and free call-outs. We’re also proudly available 24/7 for emergencies.
How Do I know if i have a blocked Drain?
It is essential not to allow blocked drains to sit. Even if the block does not initially seem severe or like a significant issue, it may easily escalate to become a much larger problem. If ignored, a block in your drainage system may cause flooding or create stagnant water in your home that is unpleasant and unsanitary.
A blocked drain left to sit may cause a pipe to leak or burst which could cause significant water damage to your property and be expensive to repair. If dirty water/wastewater enter your home it could also be a major health risk for the residents of your property. Suspect that your drain is clogged? Here are some tell-tale signs to watch out for:
- Foul smells coming from your drains
- Water pooling near appliances
- Water backing up in your sink, shower or bathtub
- Unusual sounds, like bubbling noises, coming from your drains
Common causes of these issues include everything from built-up hair, oil, grease, leaf matter, tree roots and much more! That’s why it pays to use a licensed plumber! At Gold Coast Blocked Drains, we’ll accurately identify the cause and efficiently unblock the drain as soon as possible. Clear clogged toilets, stormwater drains, showers or sewers. Call 1300 433 585 to arrange a service.
Common Causes Of Blocked Drains
The most common cause of a blocked drain is inappropriate items or substances being poured down sinks or flushed down toilets. These might include:
– Some hair is naturally shed during washing, but if the plughole isn’t cleared regularly, hair can begin to collect in the drainpipe, providing a “net” in which to trap more detritus, which eventually results in a blockage.
– It is not uncommon for makeup wipes, baby wipes, face wipes and other sanitary products to cause blockages in pipes. Remember, just because it says flushable on the packet doesn’t mean it is recommended to do so! FLUSHABLE WIPES INCLUDED!
– If the gradient of the pipe is too shallow, or it has an awkward bend, waste progressing down the pipe will move slowly, with larger particles being deposited.
– As the deposit grows, it causes the pipe diameter to narrow, making it easier for waste that would normally go down the pipe to become stuck.
– Tree roots or plant roots may grow down into the pipe, slowing the flow of waste and providing a focus for a blockage to develop
– Small children will frequently try to flush inappropriate items down the toilet if left unsupervised. In order to minimise blockages as well as dangers to children, please supervise your child in the bathroom.
How To Unclog Drain
Rather than digging up pipes, we go through them—which is the most accurate, time-saving and non-invasive way of drain cleaning them. Call us today on 1300 433 585 to book. Our step-by-step drain cleaning service process is as follows:
We arrive at your home to assess the drain
We insert a flexible push-rod camera through the drain to locate the blockage or breakage.
CCTV Drain Camera
We analyse the data (our CCTV camera provides an image of exactly what’s blocking your drain).
Once we’ve determined what the blockage is and where it’s located, we will create a strategy for the best way to either clean, repair or replace your pipes.
Signs You Have A Blocked Drain
While there are a lot of signs you have a blocked or clogged drain, these are the most common signs you have a blocked drain include:
- Backflow Issues
- Slow Draining
- Horrible Smells
- Bubbling/Gurgling Noises
- Raised Water Levels
- Lower Water Levels
- Sewerage Or Greywater Coming Out Of Outside Drains
- Water Flow Into Shower and/or Bathtub
- Damp Floors or Walls (This is imperative to be repaired ASAP)
How To Prevent Blocked Drains
The easiest and main ways to prevent a blocked drain are:
– Ensure pipe is the correct diameter and has been properly installed. A storm drain, for example, should have enough capacity to cope with the volume of water your property receives during a storm, not just the amount of precipitation you get regularly.
– Ensure pipework is in good condition. If the results of the CCTV imagery shows you’ve got a cracked pipe, or one that’s got a tree root growing through it, remedial work (usually relining) should be carried out to repair and prevent any future issues
– If you do have a blockage, make sure that any remedial work that your Gold Coast Blocked Drains professional recommends is carried out promptly.
– Have a plumber fit a grease trap
– Be careful not to tip oil/melted fat down the sink as this will cause blockages. Pour into aluminium foil and put into the bin when dried
– Only flush the “3p’s” down the toilet – use a bathroom bin for other waste. This includes sanitary items and wipes of any kind (INCLUDING FLUSHABLE WIPES)
– Clean plug-holes regularly to prevent any build-up of hair
– Use sink traps/covers to keep debris out of your drainage system. There are many great reusable ones out there!
– It’s well-known that young children love mischief. Especially flushing things not meant to be flushed such as toys or entire TP rolls.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several mistakes people often make when attempting drain cleaning, but perhaps the most common is pouring caustic soda (Sodium Hydroxide) down the drain. Caustic soda is corrosive and can damage household pipes, waste disposal units and other equipment that it comes into contact with.
Another common mistake is pouring baking soda & vinegar. This will only rid bacteria rather than unblocking drains. Its important to only leave plumbing to certified experts!
A blocked drain can lead to unpleasant odours, wastewater overflows and flooding if it is not unblocked quickly by a trained, professional plumber. Not to mention it can cause burst pipes resulting in replacements. This means we need to excavate any earth to reach the plumbing and replace.
This is why it’s important to contact us as soon as possible if you’re having trouble with your drainage
A blocked drain cleaning will cost around $200 to $500 to clear your blocked drain but depends on the equipment needed for the service. A quote will be given to you beforehand on the cost on our CCTV, jetting and other tools. We will offer you the most cost-effective solution for the problem.